The documents below detail the NASDE scoring system
Wayne Bott - Panel Review - Result Sheet
Wayne Bott Referee Rules Checklist - Classic Division
Wayne Bott Referee Rules Checklist - Showcase Division
Wayne Bott Referee System Guidance
Judging Criteria Classic & Showcase Divisions
There should be a minimum of seven (7) Judges for both Classic and Showcase divisions.
- No more than three (3) of the seven Judges should be NASDE Event Directors.
- No more than three (3) of the seven Judges should be from the same Region (micro-region), Club or Studio.
- Events are discouraged from assigning Couples (significant others) to serve on the same Judging panel for Classic and Showcase, with the exception that one of the partners is a Chief Judge and one is a Referee Judge.
- A Referee Judge will be included on the Judging panel for Classic and Showcase competitions. The Wayne Bott Referee System (Appendix D) will be utilized.
- Mock Judges should not be on the floor with official Judges, so that there is no confusion about who is actually judging.
- All scores count. No scores can be thrown out.
- Each event will attempt to have at least half of the Judges on the Judging panel be those who have competed on the NASDE Tour in the past.
- No current NASDE competitors (who compete in Classic or Showcase) may serve as Judges for these Divisions. (i.e., If a competitor has an active Showcase or Classic partnership and is actively pursuing the yearend prize, they are a current NASDE competitor.)